INSTRUCTION SHEET (Minipress)
- Before using, run the Mini Press frame & press bar under water to stop the Pate sticking.
- Place the Mini Press frame on a piece of gladwrap
- Fill the frame about 1/3 full with your prepared Pate mix and insert the press bar in the frame to create a channel.
- Fill the channel with your selected filling (egg, salmon,tuna) and put layer of Pate mix on top.
- Insert the press bar flat side down and compress your Pate. The bar comes off the roll easier if you wet the flat surface.
- With two fingers under the side grips & thumbs on the press bar,lift the frame off the roll. You may need to run a moistened knife between the press bar & roll,however, if you moisten the press bar each time, this isn’t necessary.
- Wrap your Pate in the gladwrap and put in the fridge to fully set – approx. 1 hour.
- Slice thinly on to your crackers.
OUR PATE RECIPE
250g Chicken Livers
1/2 sml Onion finely diced
1 Large Mushroom diced
1 clove Garlic
1/2 tbsp. Brandy or Sherry
Herbs to your taste – Thyme, Oregano, Chives
1 rasher Bacon Cooked & diced
- Remove any sinew from livers & discard. Cut into quarters.
- Add 1 tbsp Olive Oil to your pan and cook onion,garlic & mushroom. Add diced chicken livers to pan and stir until cooked. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- When cooked,remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place in food processor or blender & pulse a few times to combine.
The mixture will look a little loose, but it will firm up in the fridge. When firm to the touch, follow Pate Instructions to bring your Pate together.
Back to top
Cut chicken breasts into 6mm thick pieces
Cut into sizes to fit inside your Press frame
Line the box with the cut chicken as shown – you can use small pieces to fill the gaps
Put in layers of cheese and ham
Place chicken on top and cover with egg wash
Cover with a layer of bread crumbs and compress with the Press Bar. Turn it over and repeat. Leave Press Bar on top and place fingers under side grips and thumbs on top of Press Bar – lift frame off the roll
Cover remaining sides with egg wash and bread crumbs including the ends
Your Cordon Bleu is now ready to cook
Cook in a little Olive Oil and butter in a frypan. As you only have about 6mm of chicken to cook it doesn’t take long – brown on all sides including the ends
The finished product It does not need salt as there is enough in the ham and cheese.
You can also use Fish Cake mix to do the same thing…… Enjoy
Mix some steamed fish with mashed potatoes – add chives, parsley etc.
Fill frame about 1/3 fill & make a channel with the press bar
Fill with layers of Ham & Cheese
Top off with a layer of Fishcake mix
Press with flat side of Press Bar – put fingers under bars at side with thumbs on top and gently lift frame up and off
Dust with flour or beaten egg and breadcrumbs
Cook in pan with a little oil until browned
Here we are… yum!